Monday, January 28, 2008

Things I Drew at Work

Well, more specifically, Things I Drew On the Metro and Also at Starbucks During My Lunch Break Because I'm Not So Terrible an Employee as to Shamelessly Waste Time on my Shift.
Longtime readers will recall that, awhile gone now, I had a webcomic. Yeah, even though I compared webcomics to making your own hourlong rape dramas after watching too much SVU back on the rapidly-becoming-even-more-defunct podcast. Never said I wasn't a hypocrite, people.

Anyway, I got bored and redesigned a character by giving him the basic anatomy of a grizzly bear and also an arsenal so absurd a mid-nineties WildCAT would look upon it and blush. He's themed after, of all things, the A-10 Thunderbolt II - let's keep in mind I initially designed him when I was about nine in the midst of the original flavor Gulf War, here - and that's why he's got stubby little retard wings and a gigantic minigun strapped to his back. I have no idea. Lightning bug themed villain, or something. I was bored and I like drawing lightbulbs, apparently. I dig her robo-crocs, though, and I don't think I've ever drawn Kirby Krackle before. Also, pigtails as antennae strike me as adorable, though I'm probably in some kind've crazy person minority, there.

3 comments:

Jon Hex said...

Pigtail antennae is universally adorable.

The Kid from Jersey said...

Jon, as much as the rest of the character design is great, you know what the fingers look like, right?

Oscar Wilde said...

Oftimes, a finger is but a finger - see what you will, but I only wish I was that gay.