Tuesday, October 09, 2007

Top Ten, Also Receiving Votes...

Before we get into the top two for each universe, a quick rundown of characters that almost made the cut:

Iron Man. Hah hah, just kidding - Iron Man received exactly zero points; in fact, more people voted for the Scarlet Spider (18 total points) than Tony Stark. Which makes me wonder how the Hell Marvel's going to get themselves out of this pickle jar, especially with a movie on the horizon. Memory erasing machine? Done that. Younger version of the character pulled from the time stream? Yeah, that too. Different guy in the armor? Also done. It was an alien pretending to be Tony for the last four years? Stop the presses!

Hawkeye. Hawkeye pulled 61 points, tying him with the Jamie Reyes iteration of the Blue Beetle. 61 points was enough to put both characters in about fourteenth overall on their respective lists. Green Arrow had one second-place vote and was beaten badly by his slampiece, Black Canary, who fishnetted 64. So she totally settled.

Ted Kord. 47 points, handily beaten by his replacement.

Vibe. One number one vote. Zero votes in any other position. Guess who put him in first.

Guy Gardner. 49 points, making him the top Green Lantern vote-getter, above Alan Scott's 44 and John Stewart's 22. Stewart actually finished behind Red Tornado, bafflingly. Hal Jordan pulled a Tony Starkian zero and Kyle Rayner had something like twelve points, if you're curious. I think there were a couple Kilowog votes, too. Shocking lack of G'nort, all things considered.

J Jonah Jameson. Came in eleventh on the Marvel side with 68 points.

Luke Cage. 64 points, beating current critical darling and former partner Iron Fist by a solid 24.

The Legion. If you voted for one Legionnaire, you tended to vote for, like, six, splitting their votes like a Bull Moose presidential bid.

Wildcat. At 51 points, he beat Wonder Woman by one. Which I think is awesome.

2 comments:

Isaac said...

I think JJJ is a victim of people not thinking this through very thoroughly. At least, that's the case with me. I don't remember who was at the bottom on my Marvel list, but I remember I was scratching my head at a few points.

If I'd remembered the very existence of J. Jonah Jameson, I'd have put him at least at #10. But I guess there's no way to have him go back and unseat Namor, is there?

Have you ever noticed that they have the same haircut? And you never see Jonah's ankles...

Maybe they are, in fact, the same person!

Rambo said...

Goddamn right Kyle beat Hal.

F*&$in' flyboy bastard.