Wednesday, August 02, 2006

Here's hoping I start a rumor.

Me: Heath Ledger is going to play the Joker.
Matt: yeah, i read that
Matt: i'm not sure how i feel about that
Me: Yeah, actually, neither am I.
Me: He might be good, I've never seen him play totally fucking crazypants before.
Matt: i'm sure he'll probably do a decent job and i can't really think of anyone to play joker off of the top of my head
Me: Crispin Glover.
Me: He's nuts anyway. Just dye his hair green.
Matt: yeah, i actually thought of that too but i think that might be a little too weird
Matt: he's definitely crazy but i don't know if he's the right kind of crazy
Me: Hah hah, I like that Crispin Glover is too crazy to play a guy that kills people with laughing gas.

Some time later, it was brought to my attention that Crispin Glover is a much better pick to play The Riddler. He's totally the right kind of crazy for that. C'mon, throw a domino mask and a bowler on this face and you've got Ed Nygma.

(Yeah, I actually use Comic Sans MS on AIM. I'm sorry. Every time I try to change it, it feels all wrong.)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I think it would have been funnier if you tried to start a rumor that Heath Ledger was playing a GAY Joker meant to be updated for today's audiences.

-BlackRivil

Jon said...

I think the IMDB forums have already jumped to that conclusion.