Thursday, April 06, 2006

Haven't read Infinite Crisis #6 yet...

But I did get a copy of Action #837 the other day, and this panel leads me to believe that things do not bode well for Superboy:People only leave stuff behind on memorials. Nothing's on Superman's side of the statue, so I guess while people know he's gone, they know he's alive. Or they just don't take his possible perceived death seriously since they've seen it happen before.

Or Pete Woods is screwing with me. Which is equally likely.

1 comment:

Chuck T. said...

For a memorial, Superboy looks way too happy to be dead. "I was killed by my namesake, yay!" When the Avengers were gone, their statues were straight-forward and war hero-like.
I loved the idea of the Silver Agent's memorial, from Astro City. It was designed to make you feel complicit and guilty, which is exactly what I want in my memorial. Something that really says, "I died for your stupid sins, stupid," and a stern expression, like I'm really cross at you specifically about the whole affair. And no candles! I don't want that waxy crap all over. Show a little respect for my death...