Friday, April 28, 2006

200th Post Self-Linking Masturbatory Reviews Archive

If any brave soul gives me the names of all the songs that these gimmicked titles are culled from, I'll give them a hug.

You feel my heart, I'm just a moment behind, This Week's Review-do do do, do do do, do do do, do do do, do do

You've started to believe the things they say of you, you really do believe this talk of This Week's Review-hoos

This Week's Reviews may not be Ms Right; she'll do right now

This Week's Reviews dumma dee dumma dah, whack for the daddy ol', whack for the daddy ol', there's whiskey in the jar

All my life, I've prayed for This Week's Reviews

This Week's Reviewy, quicker than the human eye

Wise men say only fools rush in, but I just can't help falling in This Week's Reviews

Think of all the things we put him through; in the face of his God would he tell This Week's Reviews?

But that's the way it goes- in war, you're shat upon. And though you die, This Week's Reviews live on

What would you think if I sang This Week's Reviews, would you stand up and walk out on me?

You're sick of me, I'm sick of you, let's pull off and This Week's Reviews

You can drive to Riverside and get one, too, and then you'll have an ape drape and This Week's Reviews

You say it's your right, well, it's mine, too. You say you go out every night, what's a This Week's Reviews?

This Week's Reviews better last

Who's mostly goldie down to the tube sock, the same old pimp, This Week's Reviews, nothin' changed but the limp

Drinkin' for eleven, that's This Week's Reviews

This Week's Reviews, Last Week's Reviews, and a couple of tra-la-las, that's how we work the day away in the merry old land of Oz

The president is on the line as ninety-nine This Week's Reviews go by

Two pints of booze, tell me are you This Week's Reviews?

You think it's strange that there's a way of how you look and how you act and how you think; Pretend they're not This Week's Reviews

Police they say my mother, too, a fish from This Week's Reviews above my head at night

Hey, most pessimistic boy in LA, have some Reviews and relax in the shade

I'm Reviewin' with my full capabilities, and now I'm livin' in correctional facilities

42nd Street's got This Week's Reviews, he's a pool-shootin' son of a gun.

Today's Tom Sawyer, he gets high on you, and the space he invades, he gets This Week's Reviews

This Week's Reviews and a curse on this town were all in my mouth


Well, it goes like this: the fourth, the fifth, the minor fall and the major lift, the baffled king composing This Week's Reviewejah.

The meanest thing he ever did was, before he left, he went and named me "This Week's Reviews."

Got no future, great big past, This Week's Reviews on the rim of my glass.

I said "Pigpen, this here's This Week's Reviews, we just ain't a-gonna pay no tolls."

Got me This Week's Reviews, I want you to know

I always have to steal my This Week's Reviews from you.

I shot a man in This Week's Reviews just to watch him die.

4 comments:

Tom Foss said...

Hungry like the Wolf - Duran Duran
Heaven on their Minds - Jesus Christ Superstar
Right Now - SR-71
Whiskey in the Jar - Metallica, I assume
All my Life - K-Ci and Jojo
Hong Kong Phooey Theme
Can't Help Falling in Love - Elvis Presley
Three Evils (Embodied in Love and Shadow)
La Resistance Medley - South Park
With a Little Help from My Friends - Beatles
Then there's six that I don't know.
The Merry old Land of Oz - Wizard of Oz
99 Red Balloons - Nena
Another five I don't know
You Don't Mess Around with Jim - Jim Croce
Tom Sawyer - Rush
Hallelujah - Jeff Buckley (or Rufus Wainwright, depending on whether or not I trust my computer)
I'd assume this is "Boy Named Sue" by Johnny Cash
Don't know this one, but I do know CW McCall's Convoy. And worse, I know Around the world with the Rubber Duck.
I don't know the third to last one is.
Steal My Kisses - Ben Harper
Folsom Prison Blues Lyrics - Johnny Cash

So that's 13 I don't know, which is better than half. Does that warrant a laurel and hearty handshake or something?

Jon said...

I'll accept Whiskey in the Jar by The Dubliners or Thin Lizzy or The Pogues and the Dubliners, but there is. no. Metallica. version in my world.

Rufus Wainwright did a version of Hallelujah, as did Jeff Buckley. John Cale, too. And probably a few others, but those three are on my sprawling, ridiculous playlist.

Well done. I'll leave the rest up as a mystery for now.

Tom Foss said...

I've never actually listened to Metallica's version, I just know it exists. I think I've heard the Dubliners one though, now that you mention it, unless Flogging Molly or the Dropkick Murphys have a version. Some Irishesque band, anyway.

Mick said...

the best version of whiskey in the jar was done by the Grateful Dead. That is all.