Friday, September 16, 2005

Okay, seriously, quick question:

I don't know why I'm bothering, as my previous quick questions have elicited a stunning zero responses, but here goes:

I re-read Crisis the other day, and one thing stuck out at me: what was the point of showing the Angle Man's corpse being discovered by Jonni Thunder and company? It had to've tied into something somewhere, but I was, like, three when this stuff came out and I'm really in no position to dig up proper source materials.

C'mon, somebody has to know.

Pweeeaaase?

4 comments:

collectededitions said...

Over at this thread on the ComiX-fan boards, Raul posted that "as far as I know, Angle Man's death was never explained. I saw it as Wolfman taking the opportunity to bring together the detective characters (Jonni Thunder, Human Target, Bullock, etc) and have them appear in Crisis. I've heard the reasoning that Angle might have tried to cross dimensions and failed disastrously, but he came back years later, so the point is moot."

I have also posted your question on the Unofficial DC Universe guide message board, to see if you can get an answer there.

Have a great day!

Jon said...

Hey, thanks.

Iron Lungfish said...

According to the Annotated Crisis homepage, Angle Man was brought back to life anyway (yeah, I know - someone brought back Angle Man!), so I'm not sure it really matters all that much. Maybe the weird Johnny Thunder bit was taken up in one of the crossovers.

Jon said...

Yeah, Waid brought him back in the Flash. And then killed him, I think, because the DC Comics Encyclopedia has his first appearance listed as being in a 2002 Wonder Woman issue.

And he's name's been Angelo Bend every time, because it's just so very clever.