Tuesday, September 06, 2005

Oh, Wizard.

There's a two-page spread in this month's Wizard giving me reasons why, after ONE ISSUE, Frank Miller and Jim Lee are the greatest Batman creative team ever.

Number five is "Lee draws breathtaking babes."

You know, I kind of hate this magazine.

Further on, they start grading the Ultimate books by trade. The only Ultimate X-Men books worthy of A's are the first and the one that (surprise, surprise) Bendis wrote. Bendis' run was pretty terrible, I thought, but what the Hell do I know, I don't devote page space to The Top Ten Fly Toon Ladies (page 88. Also, "fly"? These guys couldn't be whiter if they tried). The second Ultimate Fantastic Four trade gets a D, but the masturbatory talkfest that was the first six issues of that series pulls a B? Does Warren Ellis just give a toothier blowjob than Brian Bendis? Is that it? Because there's no way Doom was two letter grades worse than six issues of the fucking Mole Man.

1 comment:

Woody! said...

I laughed out loud when I saw this article. I guess this is one of the downfalls of a monthly magazine. I imagine if they had any kind of clue the negative buzz surrounding the book now they might have thought twice about that.